• The Kindle awakening.

Anonymous updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • Anonymous

April 14, 2020 at 2:07 pm

It was 2010 and wondering what book to take on holiday that year. A friend of mine had recently bought a kindle reader and invited me look over this wonderful machine. It weighed virtually nothing and had the capacity to store a fair size library in it. I was sold on it straight away. I’ve never been sentimental about keeping paper books, once I’ve read it, it’s very rare that I would want a second read, so most of my books were always destined for the charity shop. The kindle transformed my reading habits, I can literally buy a book from Amazon and it’s loaded onto my machine within less than 30 seconds. Kindle books are relatively good value to buy, and If I make a wrong decision on a title, (I usually give it a good go) and then have no remorse about abandoning it and moving on to the next one. When reading paper books, this was much harder to do. Luckily, the books I’ve ditched have been very few and far between.

I’m now onto my 2nd Kindle, slightly better and even more capacity. The size of my library has grown much faster than it would ever have done, had I stuck to paper.

Lastly, I’m not a rep for Amazon. 😉

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now