Senior Chatters Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
Senior Chatters around the world.

• Political Fora

dickorrich updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2Members · 3 Posts
  • dickorrich

November 22, 2020 at 7:48 pm

By definition, every-one that logs into the site successfully, and interacts with others on the site is of let’s say maturer years.

Ergo it follows that they have been affected during that growing maturity by politics: everybody is, every day, in ever situation.

As mature (supposedly) people should we not be able to discuss such without recrimination, posturing, name-calling, downright lies and the deliberate misinterpretation that so many ‘professional’, I would possibly add emotionally and intellectually immature, though that might be contentious, politicians do?

I have hopes of a healthy forum, and concede that though I know I am right there are others that might disagree!

• aussiesteve

December 5, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Can we remove ‘recrimination, posturing, name-calling, downright lies and the deliberate misinterpretation’ and still discuss ‘politics’ or are they synonymous?
    “I think. Therefore I am”

• dickorrich

December 5, 2020 at 8:16 pm

I believe at root you are trying to say ‘can politics be discussed by adults’. Of course it can, that’s the whole point. However, it does seem to me today that many who would want to be in the arena do not discuss, and do not behave as adults: I believe they call themselves ‘liberal intellectuals’ ‘democrats’ ‘woke’ and other such nonsense terms as they refuse to accept the possibility that others’ opinions may be correct for those others, perfectly acceptable and able to be historically substantiated.
      My last paragraph above refers, I believe.
      Ego puto, cogitandi,

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Chat Rooms

Request Friendships from Our Latest Chatters
Add a photo to your profile to be shown in our latest Chattters gallery

Latest Chatters

Click the X to close your Dashboard.  To relaunch navigate away from the page you’re on before clicking the link again