Senior Chatters Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
Senior Chatters around the world.

• Lonely at Christmas

• woodsie

December 6, 2020 at 5:22 pm

I do not know where I need to write, I was wondering what the single lonely alone are doing over Christmas it is the most lonely time ever without this dam corvid thing, I know myself I am already feeling very low.

• Jacko

December 6, 2020 at 6:01 pm

My Christmas is looking to be a little different this year also but I hope to enjoy it by playing music and have a small Covid conscious season.

• Rob

Administrator
    December 8, 2020 at 8:59 am

Obviously, nothing beats spending Christmas with loved ones and family. But if past Christmases are anything to go by then you’ll find warm and friendly people here on Senior Chatters throughout the festive period.

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    December 20, 2020 at 5:52 pm

Well, I’m alone this Christmas, partly because of Covid now and that doesn’t bother me in the least, I can accept that. The part that bothers me most is that I would normally spend it with my brother in law and my niece (my sister died four years ago now). My mum was in a care home and we would go see her after dinner. Mum died on October 18th this year, not covid, just old age, she was 95.

There has been a lot of trouble surrounding money owed to me which I won’t go into but myself and my brother in law have rowed so much. I wasn’t to be invited this year as he wanted it to be just him and my niece, (his daughter), no thought about how it will be my first Christmas without my mum.

I would normally be happy to spend it alone but things are so awful right now. I don’t know why I’m struggling with it so much because at least I’ll have my animals and will be able to do whatever I choose.

Christmas is over rated anyway and causes so much unnecessary stress.

• Nyswan

December 24, 2020 at 2:09 am

Hi Hazi. I’ve just joined and can connect with your situation. I lost my parents 4 and 6 years ago and had issues which, thankfully, are all sorted now. I am unable to meet with my son and granddaughter this Christmas, even though they will be just 6 miles away from me by car, at my Ex’s. If you want to chat, either on here or verbally by phone, please let me know. Take care, StaySafe, have a Merry Christmas and look forward to a Happier New Year in 2021. 🙂

• sandraatkins2

December 25, 2020 at 8:14 am

Hello eveyone. Yes, I’m also lonely at Christmas, hence being here on Christmas morning. I have a partner but that doesn’t take away loneliness. So if you’re physically on your own, I can confirm that just having someone around can still be difficult. We will get through the holiday period. Please come back and chat today if you’re having one of those moments. There are plenty of us who can understand loneliness over the holidays.

• Franklyn

December 27, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Hi everyone, I’ve lived on my own for 8 years and have always found Christmas to be a tough time, particularly as it’s my birthday as well.
    I’ve had relationships and there were one or two christmases where it’s worked out that I’ve been with someone or spent it with with a relative who lives quite far from me, but generally I’ve found myself on my own……hence searching the internet and coming across this site.
    Nevertheless, hopefully most people have enjoyed the Christmas period so far, the best way they can.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

Chat Rooms

Request Friendships from Our Latest Chatters
Add a photo to your profile to be shown in our latest Chattters gallery

Latest Chatters

Click the X to close your Dashboard.  To relaunch navigate away from the page you’re on before clicking the link again